Most people think that the only point of a smartphone’s camera is to take photos. But this portable device has many other uses too, helping you in myriad ways. Some of these you may have guessed, while some may surprise you.
1. Always have your WiFi name and password.
2. Take a screenshot of directions, in case you don’t get internet service when you need it the most.
Imagine losing service when you’re in a place you don’t know. Well, now you can just look at the photo to find your way.
3. Snap a photo of your dry cleaning ticket.
4. Lending something to someone? Take a photo so you don’t forget what you gave, and to whom.
5. Your smartphone camera can test if your remote batteries still have juice.
Point the front of the remote to the camera, look at the phone screen and press some buttons on the remote. Most phone cameras can detect the infra-red light that is invisible to the human eye.
6. Traveling? Take a picture of your contact info in case you lose the page it’s written on.
7. Use your phone to see other angles of your haircut.